2001 Rx Abs Problem

boRXis

Frend of mine has 2001 RX300 with 54K miles on it. His ABS starts to work very early - while braking under normal conditions on dry road.It feels like you driving on ise, but the car stops faster of course - because it's dry asphalt! It happens every time when you apply brakes - not even hard. Especialy between 20-40 mph. It's definetely ABS problem, because when I remove fuse for ABS, the car brakes fine. When I put it back - the brake pedal starts to jump and knock as soon as I touch it. ABS light is not on, so I can't check trouble codes. Sensors and connections looks fine :wacko:

Any ideas?

Well, I guess this is something Lexus is still working on. My 90 LS400 does the same thing but not so drastically. Normal breaking is fine yet under panic stopping (or at least hard braking) it does this. Very annoying. I'll bet there is a way to disconnect the ABS. NOT that I recommend doing that since it has saved me a couple of time in other cars, but rather becasue the Lexus ABS doesn't seem to be safe.

Yes, it's really annoying, especially when it's happens every time when you apply brakes :angry: But it starts doing that couple of days ago, before everything was fine. It shouldn't work like this, so there is a problem somewhere.

I'm wondering where??? :huh: