Good Lexus Mechanic In Houston

xl8rguy

I need to get my timing belt replaced (and some other stuff done) on my SC300. It's a 97 with 130k miles.

I know the dlrship will kill me so I'm checking to see if anyone in the Houston area has a reliable, not-so-expensive mechanic they can recommend for me.

I use J.C.'s Auto Tech at 4004 Osage 77063. 832-283-7374. J.C. used to work for Japanese Auto Repair on Richmond where he was the head mechanic for like 10 years or so. Recently he split off to start his own shop. I think he is some ex-motorcycle racer from Costa Rica and knows about dealing with high performance sh#t. When he was at the other shop I saw him totally rebuild one of those V12 Mercedes. Seems to know what he's doing. He'll really work on anything but he specializes in Japanese. He's worked on my '93 SC400 for the last four years. No problems. I just had him totally re-bushing both front control arms and slap on a full set of Tokico Blues shocks. You would not believe the handling.. the cornering is unreal. A lot of mechanics would refuse to re-bushing the control arms, but instead tell you that you have to buy complete new arms. Those run about $600 each. He is very reasonable. As resonable as you are going to find in someone who knows what they are doing. I dont feel that he has ever lied to me or anything like that.

To get there, travel west on Westpark from Fondren. When you cross over Jeanetta you will see a Mexico Tires on the right. Turn right at that street, as this is Osage, the sign has apparently disappeared. As you drive down that block you will see the white shop on the left. It has like checkered flags on the front and says high performance tuning.....etc. I forget what the current name on the building is. Apparently this is just a temporary shop for him as I think he's moving to his own shop in like six months or so.