Air Conditioning Control Panel

pfontneau

My 1993 400 SC air conditioning controls and display panel quit working. The display panel went blank and now I have no A/C nor any blower. I asked my Toyota dealer parts personnel for assistance and they called Lexus in Houston but were not able to provide any assistance without a dealership mechanic/technician evaluating my car. Can anyone please help me and provide details of what I need to replace/repair?

Tom,

Thanks so much for info. I don't use the cigarette lighter so I never thought to try it and see if the fuse was burnt. The owner's manual did not detail that this fuse controlled the a/c control panel. I now have A/C and here in South Louisiana, A/C is not an option but a necessity.

I just found this website when doing a Google search and I'm very impressed with the information in this site. I have a few problems with my SC400 and most of my questions are answered on the forum. I've thumbnailed this site on my favorites and when I have more time, I'll be able to gain more information about my car without having to go to the dealer and receive the runaround.

As we say downhere in Cajun Land: "Merci Beaucoup, mon ami!!!"

Pat :cheers:

• 2 years later...

Check your cigarette lighter. Does it work or is it also broken. If it does not have power, it sounds like your fuse has blown. The same fuse controls both in my car. Check it out. Tom.

Hi, I am having the same problem. I have a 1993 LS400 aroung 98,000 miles on it.

First the air stunk, I was in the process of finding new cabin air filters and now all of the

power to the Ac and heat has stopped. I already knew my lighter didn't work but

that happened right after I got the car. I didn't have a manual so didn't know they were

related. Now I have also developed a loug noise under the hood. My son says it is probably a

ac pump baring. I dropped it off today at a local mechanic. Is there anything else I should tell

the mechanic.Also does anyone know where to get the filters for the cabin? It is a 2hr drive to the

south to a Lexus dealer. I live at the Lake of Ozarks and it is few and far between down here.

Also a shutter in the brakes when stopping. I have some lights on the dash that won't stay off. I

really like my car thought. It was wrecked when I got it. It took me a while to find someone

down here willing to work on the damage but 1 yr later it is was on the road. If anyone can be

of some help it would be appriciated.

Thanks Perks2

Glad to see another Louisianian here. Don't know what the problem could be with your a/c, but fuse sounds logical. If not, they had one on ebay yesterday for a pretty fair price (around 50 dollars last I checked). I was considering it for my car b/c my display has just a little bit of bleeding, but its not really bad enough yet to fix. Still readable and works good.