Pcv Valve

Tylermng

Just had the main rear seal replaced and the friggin thing is still leaking. I started doing some research and came across a Toyota bulletin explaining issues regarding clogged PVC valves.

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h63.pdf

It seems that if this PCV thing cloggs, it can result in excessive oil pressure inside the engine. This can result in oil leak out of the rear seal. This seems reasonable since my mechanic just put in a new seal, and he said the old one looked just fine, although it did seem to be leaking on the outside diameter of the seal.

After trolling around some ather forums regarding the infamous oil sludge problem and leaking rear seal issues, there seems to be a general consensus regarding the notorious PCV valve. It should be changed every year or 12k miles. There are various explanations as to why the sludgging happens and it all seems pretty reasonable. Sounds good to me, but where is the PCV exactly. I know its on the valve cover somewhere. Do I have to take off the cool plastic cover on the engine to get at it?

It would really be Murphys law if a $10 part is my solution.