'92 Sc400 Non-ac Belt Size

sc_toy

Hey all, does anyone know of the generic part number for a non-AC belt for the 1UZ-FE??? I will be removing my AC system entirely and I will of course need a much shorter belt. I could measure it and try things but why re-invent the wheel?

FWIW, I'm removing it for weight reasons.

Thanks,

I checked the belt routing last night when I did my rear brakes and I don’t think it might work as plug-play. Looking directly at the compressor, upper left is an intruding bracket that may not clear because the pulley that drives the water pump has to be included in the routing path.

Okay I just took another look at it. From the crankpulley heading up and to the right, my belt goes around the water pump (I think), then directly 'right' around the A/C, then up to the idler that's at the top centre of the engine. I don't see anything in the way if I just went straight from the water pump to the idler.

Now I'll be reducing the belt:pulley contact on the water pump from about 70% to about 35% (give or take), but I didn't think the water pump used very much power to turn, and it's a large pulley as it is so it'll still have 3-4 square inches of grip surface.

I dunno I might measure it up and try out a generic belt and if it works okay then I'll remove the compressor. The other thing is I could fab up a bracket and an idler to go where the A/C is now, but I'd rather not. :D

Aaron