Ok... Did Second Oil Change -- Now What?

LinuxFan

Yeah, it seems simple enough but I want to amybe get some additional info I was not aware of before.

I know we don't pour it down the sewer drain, so that is a given.

Other than that though, the only option is to take it to a oil change place and hope they take it, or save it for use in the lawn mower and other stuff.

Whom do you take it to? What do you do with your old oil.

thanks in advance...

I must add, changing the oil and draining the transmission fluid on my 91 LS is a breeze. I do them both at 3k miles and it takes me no more than 15 minutes, now that I know what I am doing. It is nice.:-D

Try contacting your waste management company. Here in my area, they will send out containers to put oil in for recycling. Also, check with some auto parts store. The chain called Kragen's here lets you bring in the oil to recycle.

Sorry I can't give specific info for your area. Hopefully, this will get you started.

You are in michigan right? Well here is a link to the PDF that has all the contact numbers listed by counties in Michigan for hazardous waste disposal. It also seems that Michigan has a very good pick up program and these numbers should get you that info. You might not have to lift a finger and they will come to you if you live in the right county. Here is the link:

http://www.deq.state.mi.us/documents/deq-e...hhwprograms.pdf

I am completely blown away by the responses here.

It is responses like this that makes this place/community so valuable.

Gosh...

Thanks, I did check it out and yes -- there is one in my area and so I am working out pickup now. I will keep you informed on the out come.

thanks again