Newbie With A Es 250 Question!

J:UN

Hi all, I've been searching this forum for a couple days and thought I'd take the next step to say hello to everyone and ask a question. I've recently bought a 1991 ES250 with 51,000 miles on it.....yes I know it's a good find, especially at a 700 dollar price tag!!.....anyways I was wandering what are some cheap mods I can do for HP? Are there any body kits out there? I've kind of got the idea in my head that pretty much anything from a 91 camry will bolt right up, am I correct in this assumption?

$700 & 51K - that is a steal! Congrats and welcome to the forum. I don't know how many on here have ES 250s, but we'll try to help out in any way that we can.

I recently saw an ES250 filling up at the gas station that looked like it had just rolled off of the showroom floor. I struck up a conversation with the driver and found out that he had just recently had it painted. There was no yellowing or fading to any of the plastic (lights) and the interior was flawless. It only had 78K on it. Very nice - it put my '95 to shame.

Anyway back to your post... I don't know much about the first generation ES, but I believe that it had more in common with the Camry than any other series of production. As long as you are pulling parts from a V6 camry of the some timeframe, you should be OK.

I'll wish you good luck in finding any mods for that car though. I think it's hard enough finding mods for the ES300 from '92-'96 as it is. With the exception of muscle car motorheads tuning their old Mustangs and Novas, I don't think performance tuning really caught on mainstream until the mid 90's. As they started to pop up, most aftermarket manufacturers made parts for current production models and didn't make anything to retrofit older models. If you can find anything for the Camry in those years, then chances are it will probably work on your Lexus, but just make sure you can return what you buy just in case it does not work.

im an ES250 owner myself, i take delivery in 2 days. YAY. but you stole yours...

mine was $2,000. its a 1990 with 138,000 miles. but it runs as good as the day it was new (drove one that had >20K on it a year ago and it drove just liek mine).

take care of it and you will get many many many fun years out of it.

BTW, my car before this was a 1995 Ford Contour. probably more funto drive, but not as much fun to be seen in. you have a rare car my friend, hang onto it. i have the only one i have seen in my state...

funny how i made the suggestion yesterday to add the ES250 and we have already picked up another member! :D

BTW, my car before this was a 1995 Ford Contour. probably more funto drive, but not as much fun to be seen in. you have a rare car my friend, hang onto it. i have the only one i have seen in my state...

I never understood why the Contour never took off here in the states. I think the European version is called the "Mondeo." They sold alot of them in Europe and they are popular not only for their looks but their performance as well. They are pretty good looking cars (especially when compared to other Ford models). I had a friend in school that had the Mercury version with a V6, leather, etc. and it was a great car.

I have seen alot of well styled American branded cars in Europe tht look nothing like what we can choose from over here. I think there are too many NASCAR rednecks here to prevent the marketing of well styled domestic cars.

mine was one of the first ever built, #1132. built in July 1994. i loved that car, as do alot of other people at Fordcontour.org, or FCO for short. there "lives" the one of the engineers who started it all, Mr. Terry Haines himself.

this was my car

Before

and this is it, after.

:ph34r:

i rear ended a Ram 3/4 ton that cut me off (no not the one in the background LOL, thats my dads).

woo, the 250's are out and about now!

ArmyofOne, my permanant residence is Dallas and although rare, I have seen 250's around. I always like to take note when I see one, such a little treat to find one in a parking lot somewhere, usually in very good condition. Grats on both you're buys and enjoy. :D