Excessive Noise When Press On Accelerator

Aykhan

I have 9 months LX-470 of 2004 bought in november 2003. Gone only 3,000 km. According manual when you start an ignition you MUST hear noise - the car tests itself, after 10-15 seconds it goes off. This is according manual !!!

Unfortunately, I hear the same kind noise very often, not only at the start. It may appear when I push a little ( not race) on the accelerator pedal after say 20-30 minutes of driving, then goes off again. It doesnt't persist, but appear often. It also appears say when I stop and turn of an ignition, and after 5 minutes start again.

I thought Lexus must go quiet and very smooth. Is such a noise normal ?

Does it sound like metal rattling?

It could be loose heat sheild on the catalytic converters. I have the same on mine, but it only rattles at 1800rpm. What you can do is have it spot welded so the peices of the sheild dont vibrate against each other or do what I did and just take a screwdriver and bend the metal just a bit so they wont hit each other to make the noise.

-Robert

Does it sound like metal rattling?

It could be loose heat sheild on the catalytic converters. I have the same on mine, but it only rattles at 1800rpm. What you can do is have it spot welded so the peices of the sheild dont vibrate against each other or do what I did and just take a screwdriver and bend the metal just a bit so they wont hit each other to make the noise.

-Robert

No, it is not like metal rattling. It is like growling, exactly the same sound which happens when you just started the car, similar to that when you push an accelerator and race the car. But it happens in low rpms, not when you race.