Ac Gone!

j_lee84sc

AHHHHHHHH!!!

my AC has joined the realm of the deceased....what is wrong...any pointers before i spend 200 on just getting it cheked out...they wont fix it just tell me whats wrong....

ok it worked then the next day it stopped...the compressor still engages, it still blows everything works but no cold air, when i turn on the AC i hear what sounds like a wheezing man comming from the vents...where are the fuses to the AC, and if there is a leak how would i know...please help me it is a staggering 93 degrees everyday in Tampa and that wont go away for another 2 months!!!

AHHHHHHHH!!!

my AC has joined the realm of the deceased....what is wrong...any pointers before i spend 200 on just getting it cheked out...they wont fix it just tell me whats wrong....

ok it worked then the next day it stopped...the compressor still engages, it still blows everything works but no cold air, when i turn on the AC i hear what sounds like a wheezing man comming from the vents...where are the fuses to the AC, and if there is a leak how would i know...please help me it is a staggering 93 degrees everyday in Tampa and that wont go away for another 2 months!!!

I felt your pain for about a week also in Tampa, I took my 92' SC400 to the Ice Cold Air shop off the I275 on Sligh Ave., I had the AC system checked for free, I had a slow leak from the low side valve, I was low on freon, which made the compressor still engage, but no cold air. I had the valve replaced, a conversion to 134A freon all done at a reasonable price, no more baking in the Tampa heat.

YES!!! thankyou i am about to make my way there...i extend my hand in gratitude! it really does suck down here with no air...and i was born and raised here lol!! but now time to worry about soemthing worse..where the hell do i put my car in this crazy hurricane that is dead on its way here!!!! all of tampa run for your lives!!!

reno thankyou for the help they checked it our for free....it is the evaporator..i am looking to find one right now but looks like i will take it to them to do....they want 465$ to put a new one in recharge it and all...labor included...lexus wants 491 for just the evaporator!! its killing me!