Check Engine Light!

Ttexan

:( Hello to all. I hope I can get some advice and knowledge as to what is going on with my 2000 RX300. I am a new member to this board and hope someone out there can point me in the right direction. :)

I purchased my 2000 RX300 new and I take it in every 5000 miles for maintenance. Never had a problem. When I took it in for 35,000 mile service, I was told about the sludge problem recall and that they (Lexus) would go ahead and service my vehicle for the recall. It's been HELL since. I took it in today for the 6th time because the check engine light keeps coming on. It even stopped on me on the interstate, I was not a happy camper :angry: .

The service dept at Lexus keeps telling me it's a code P0440, loose gas cap, loose vaccum hose, and I take it home and a couple of days or week later, the check engine light comes back on. I would like to know if anyone has experienced this problem. I was told Lexus would be getting involved with the problem... HELP!

My RX300 is in the shop, I left it there this morning after the "Check Engine" light came on for the 6 time. Twice I was told it was a loose gas cap, I bought that idea the first time because I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. I was also told once that a vaccum hose had come lose, a bad sensor and the last time it was in which was 4 days ago, they replaced the O ring by gas cap, but here I am again with that Check Engine light coming on again. As I stated, I have had no problems with this vehicle until they did that sludge recall on it, and its been down hill since then :angry:

oK YOU ARE MENTIONEING THING BUT WHAT WAS ACTUALLY FIXED, IN A TIMELINE FORM EACH TIME YOU WENT IN WHAT WAS the COMPLAINT WHAT WAS the RESOLUTION

telling six times i had a light and got service saying all sorts of thing is so vauge ,i have no clue wether you are coming or going.

I picked up my RX300 today after taking it in on saturday for the "Check Engine" light coming on. I will state repair as printed on my work order...

" S43 Repair EVAP LINE. Found PIN Hole Causing Leak. "

The mechanic stated that he's pretty sure the problem has been solved ;)

vin #78712