Questioning Paint Quality

My GS300 is a 2003 with 21,000 miles on it, (just 12 months old). My paint (black), is chipping all over around the front grill, head lights, and up and down the hood. The dealer is saying this is not uncommon.

I have owned many cars over the years and have never had this kind of problem. I love my car, but this paint thing is ridiculous.

I am trying to get a new paint job on the hood and grill area. Am I out of line?

Thanks

Join the club. I have a 2000 Odyssey w/85K miles and a 2001 GS430 w/48K miles. The Ody's front end looks almost new, while the GS430s looks like it has acne. Lexus paint is supposedly of above-average quality, but nobody can satisfactorily explain the GS's propensity for stone chips. I heard that it has a blunt, painted front end, but the Ody's is even blunter and fully painted, so that theory is out. I'm resigned to keeping the touch up paint in the glove compartment.

I know, the touch up paint is not smooth, but at least the white from the surface under the black paint is not standing out, looking like :censored: . To top it off, I got my car detailed and that process pulled off most of my touch up work. So I will be redoing that this weekend.

I got the same story from my dealer here, it's the shape of the front of the car. Never heard that one before.

I am not familiar with a film over the cars paint on the front. It is like a spray on clear car bra?

thanks