Any Of You Guys Seen This

silvermate

According to the ebay description it says that the module is hooked up to the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor, in theory it should work because its probally tricking your IAT to send off a signal saying the engine is colder than it actually is..that in turn makes your car run richer. Richer running car at higher temperature = more power. I wouldnt buy it though....if he/she is saying these units go for 200-300 dollars why wouldnt he/she sell it for a bigger profit versus selling it for 20 dollars? Plus look at his ebay feedback score...its a zero.

Here is what will happen. Tricking the IAT sensor is an old idea - on the early Bosch D-jet some folks put potentiometer in the circuit and "dialed" up the mixture.

On the Lexus, and any car with an O2 sensor, you will fool the computer into thinking the engine is cold and then it adds more fuel. Until a few seconds later when the O2 sensor detects a rich condition, which it then trims out within a nanosecond or two, and the fuel ratio returns to stoichiometric. Big deal. Maybe two seconds of rich running, then it is trimmed out automatically.

That device is yet another strange invention dreamed up by some jerk sitting in his basement, who has neither the inclination nor the intellect to understand what he is doing.

Don't even think of buying one.

The are a complete scam, all it is, is a resistor put between 2 wires!! The only chips that work are ones that go into the ECU and fool with timing/transmission shift points (pressure too)/rev limiter. I know the Ford Escape has one that affects those, but its not a resistor, its an actual chip. I've never seen one for the LS 400, but I've never looked real hard either.