2005 Es330

priobe

Hello all,

After fighting with Lexus over the problem which they don`t want to admit. We might have come to a conclusion. I have been complaining for about a 1 1/2 about the hesitation problem and the shaking on start up.

Well Lexus is willing to place me into a 05 ES.

Are there any 2005 ES owners out there that can give me any feed back please before I make this decission.

Also does anyone know if there is anything different from the 03 to the 05 besides the motor being 330.

Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Hello all,

After fighting with Lexus over the problem which they don`t want to admit. We might have come to a conclusion. I have been complaining for about a 1 1/2 about the hesitation problem and the shaking on start up.

Well Lexus is willing to place me into a 05 ES.

Are there any 2005 ES owners out there that can give me any feed back please before I make this decission.

Also does anyone know if there is anything different from the 03 to the 05 besides the motor being 330.

Any help will be greatly appriciated.

I have an '04 ES330 and it still has the problem. I'm not aware of any signfiicant changes between the 04 and 05 models, so I'd be skeptical.

If Lexus says the problem has been fixed, I'd be skeptical. They told me the same thing before selling me the 04.

My advice would be to test drive the car for yourself to see if you're happy with it. Apparently, some cars are affected worse than others, so you might get lucky.

The 05 has several cosmetic changes inside and out, thats about it. Like JR I'd be skeptical as to whether or not the hesitation will be gone, as I've said many times its more likely that has to do with the electronic throttle, which is unchanged.

I'd agree to it, its not going to be any worse.

The 05 has several cosmetic changes inside and out, thats about it. Like JR I'd be skeptical as to whether or not the hesitation will be gone, as I've said many times its more likely that has to do with the electronic throttle, which is unchanged.

I'd agree to it, its not going to be any worse.

I don't think I'd agree to it so quickly - unless you're absolutely sure they're not going to negotiate further.

I would probaby tell them I'd like a test drive. If the test drive is OK, I'd take the car. If the 05 has the same problem, I'd ask for an 04 GS (which should be worth roughly the same as the 05 ES) instead. As far as I know, there are no reported problems with the GS - of any year.

I have read here about '05 models having 17" wheels - ONLY. I have also heard that there is a sticker on the windshield that its tires are not designed to be used more than 20,000 miles. I would be pleased to learn from other 'members' whether these two reports can be corroborated. It sounds like bad news.

Almost without exception the car rating reports have given the smaller rim size cars significantly higher ratings for the ride and the opposite for the larger rim size cars. My wife and I found that to be 100% accurate. There was a car we bought in too much haste (not a Lexus) and it worried the hell out of us with 17" rims until we traded it off before its time.

That was a concern of mine about the 05 also. My dad's LS430 has the 17s (standard n 04) and it rides every bit as good as his 98 with 16s rode, so with suspension changes I suppose its possible to compensate for 17s.

As for the tires, they do wear fast but in my experience so do the 16inch tires.