1993 Sc400 Key Remote Problem

toriduck

I recently asked what size battery to purchase for my remote key, someone quickly responded with an answer. Well the battery works and the key is transmitting, but it will not unlock the doors on the car. It is like they can't communicate any longer. I have another key that still works. Any suggestions?

Stephanie :cries:

once I parked my RX300 at a shopping center and on my way there was another RX300.

Then just for the fun, I used the remote wondering if it will work on other lexus.

I was surprised to see its door unlock with my remote key.

What is the chance that this will happen to a lexus?

Yes it is an original key. Actually it was the one the people we bought the car from used the most until it "died." Could the key have lost its coding when the battery went dead? Is there any way to have it recoded other than at a Lexus dealership? I guess if not one remote key is better than none.

Stephanie

It's going to be something on the car end. You said that the key is working, but how do you know that a signal is leaving the key if it hasn't unlocked the doors? I've noticed my remote range getting shorter and shorter, year after year. Even with new batteries. Let me know if you find the prob, as I will likely be there soon. Can you contact the previous owner. They may have already had it checked out and just didnt care to fix it.