2002 Es300 Cup Holder

:D Hello All, I am a first time Lexus owner. Just bought a 2002 ES300 and am already in love! I have enjoyed reading up on all the helpful information of this site.

Now for my dilemma. This is going to sound weird but...while in a Walgreens pharmacy drive-thru, I placed my credit card on my lap. I noticed it sliding off to my right and then no more. I looked all around and could not locate it under any of the seats. I later found in wedge within the 2002 ES300's cup holder, which was open at that time, and have not been able to retrieve the card. I have used tweezers, sticky tape on the end of a long, thing probe, all to no avail. I thought I might be able to remove the console, but I have a CD changer installed and could not locate a simple (ha!) large screw that would allow me to lift the console up and out. Any suggestions? Please don't tell me this has not happened to anyone else or else I will feel really, really stupid.

Thanks for your help. :rolleyes:

Emily

take somthing stiff but somewhat flexible.....a heavy guage plastic wire tie comes to mind. Put a piece of masking tape over around or over the end. Try to stick the card and at least bring it up to the point where you can get it with tweers, needle nose plyers or even better....a pair of hemostats (know anyone that works in a hospital?).

Good luck.

steviej

Thanks for the info steviej. We have tried a few of those things to begin with and ended up just sliding the card deeper into the bottom. I would need really long and thin hemostats with sticky 'goo' to go after it now. I will probably just order me another card and let it go. I don't want to scratch up my console.

Thanks for helping!