1993 Gs300

93 gs300, first the discharge icon lit up....... the following day (all within the span of ten minutes) all hell broke loose. ABS, airbag, etc... icons lit up, started running poorly, would not shift out of 1st (or out of park without the use of 'shift lock override') and relays in dash and trunk lid could be heard (even with the key removed from ignition). tried jump starting but would only stay running for a very short time (and only then if all accessories were off). I'm thinking an electrical harness meltdown, bad grounding ?, OR hopefully perhaps the alternator (CAN LOW VOLTAGE CAUSE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM TO DO THIS). It's sitting in the garage now 'dead'. I know removing the battery and alternator and having them tested is the first thing to be done , but in case that is not the problem I was hopingh to get some input.

This seems crazy to me.

it may very well be the alternator,BUT my 95 es had similar symptoms and is was JUST BATTERY.

Even though the alternater was perfect it would not drive w/dead battery. Would start from jump, but as soon as you put in drive and hit gas it would die.

Should be easy for mechanic to diagnose.

Let us know.