Help Me Fix My Power Antenna Please

Ok, I just bought a 94 GS300. The guy I bought it from took out the factory system and replaced it with aftermarket stuff. (It had the Pioneer tape only system.) He put in an Alpine head unit, amp, and speakers. The problem is the power antenna does not go up or down. I bought the car just thinking the antenna was bad and found one. I was just about to buy it from a guy on this forum. Well a buddy bought a 90 LS 400 today and just for giggles, I put my antenna in HIS car and it works. So my problem is obviously in the wiring TO the antenna. I see power in 2 places in the plug going to the antenna but I'm guessing that the trigger for it went through the Pioneer amp that is now out of the car. Anyone know whats wrong here??? I kind of like FM reception and would REALLY appreciate some help. (WAY too nice of a car to have stuff on it that doesnt work.)

• 5 months later...

I have a 1994 ES 300 in the same situation. The guy before me installed an aftermarket unit and the smaller of the two antenna plugs just has electric tape on it behind the headunit. Is there something to connect it to that would fix the problem?

Ok, I just bought a 94 GS300. The guy I bought it from took out the factory system and replaced it with aftermarket stuff. (It had the Pioneer tape only system.) He put in an Alpine head unit, amp, and speakers. The problem is the power antenna does not go up or down. I bought the car just thinking the antenna was bad and found one. I was just about to buy it from a guy on this forum. Well a buddy bought a 90 LS 400 today and just for giggles, I put my antenna in HIS car and it works. So my problem is obviously in the wiring TO the antenna. I see power in 2 places in the plug going to the antenna but I'm guessing that the trigger for it went through the Pioneer amp that is now out of the car. Anyone know whats wrong here??? I kind of like FM reception and would REALLY appreciate some help. (WAY too nice of a car to have stuff on it that doesnt work.)

Hi ken, um there is a wire behind the fact. radio spot that must see 12volt+ . If the dude used a aftermarket harness this line will be blue. If u need sumthin, ask me, ill help u

I have a 1994 ES 300 in the same situation.  The guy before me installed an aftermarket unit and the smaller of the two antenna plugs just has electric tape on it behind the headunit.  Is there something to connect it to that would fix the problem?

Mr.BamaLexus, the two in the back is a diversifed [my spelling sux] antennna set up. u can plug in the bigger of the two into your radio. Dont worry bout the lil one. um if that radio is done rite, ther will be a blue wire behind the radio u can hook up to the blue on the car side, thats is an aftermarket harness was used. if u can run a line to the antenna its self -surge-