E-brake

I've done a lot of freeway driving lately, and after about 30 minutes on the freeway, i have noticed heat coming up from the e-brake... after an hour or two you can feel the heat holding your hand 6 inches over the seat and the bolts underneath are almost too hot to touch by hand. Can anyone tell me what this is? If my brake is somehow wearing... I've made sure it is all the way down, the light is off and everything.

So if it is that third cat, am I able to just cut that one out of there and replace it with an x-pipe? I've been wanting to get rid of that one and the resinators and just run straight pipe to cut down on some of that restriction. Just don't know if I would be cutting any sensors out or what...

So if it is that third cat, am I able to just cut that one out of there and replace it with an x-pipe? I've been wanting to get rid of that one and the resinators and just run straight pipe to cut down on some of that restriction. Just don't know if I would be cutting any sensors out or what...

at least you have an excuse to get an exhaust made :D. exhaust shops wont delete the third cat though. go to lexussoarer.com if you want any type of exhaust made.

I experience the same thing you describe. I have noticed that if I have the AC on and the windows closed, I never notice it. But, if I have the windows closed and I open the sunroof, it seems to pull the hot air up and out of the e-brake area.

Try it and let me know.

I experience the same thing you describe. I have noticed that if I have the AC on and the windows closed, I never notice it. But, if I have the windows closed and I open the sunroof, it seems to pull the hot air up and out of the e-brake area.

Try it and let me know.

yeah i have the same problem. sunroof open and it feels like its sucking out heat. What is that from?