Transmission question 2015 RX350FWD

wyboojer

I have owned my RX350 for 7 years. It now has 89000 miles on it and still operates well in all respects. I havent even gotten to where i need the original brake pads replaced even though I have them checked every time i have the tires rotated. My wife drives this car more than i do .Anyway, I'm not  mechanical when it comes to cars and recently i have gotten it into my mind that my transmission may be heading toward a problem. There isnt any real evidence that i can tell that it is slipping and it goes through the gears smoothly. It does feel, however, that when i stop at a stop sign and then start up that it might be slipping a little...very little and Im not ever sure i am right. Also i live on a steep downhill street and when i turn and go down my street , the transmission feels like it is downshifting when i have my foot OFF of the gas. I think that is what it should do but im not certain.

I want to have the trans checked because if it is ok i will keep it...love this car, but if it has problems creeping up on me i will trade it for a newer model. I never go to Lexus dealers because they charge so much for everything and always seem to find something wrong. Im wondering if i dare go to a transmission shop if i can find one to get it checked out instead of Lexus. Im not at all sure there is anything wrong with it and have never had a tranny problem in owning 12 Lexuses. Any suggestions etc appreciated. 

How often does your maintenance schedule indicate the need change the transmission fluid?

Many modern auto transmissions are programmed to downshift when your foot is off the gas pedal for a minimum amount of time.