Rx330/es330: Good Price?

carcar

I'm really confused right now....

I don't know what to buy? I'm starting my car search early because I know this way I'll have the advantage. We're planning on buying a new vehicle in winter of 04/05. Probably no earlier unless a once-in-a-lifetime deal comes along.

To start things off, we looked at the 2004 Honda Accord EX-V6 Navigation. A very reasonable vehicle that presents value, but not prestige or any interest/excitement. EVERYONE has one, a very popular vehicle. I started having second thoughts about things, and decided to move on to better things.

The 2004 Acura TL 5AT Navigation model. I'm still very interested in this car, because of the HUGE amount of features and the value. However, I need to be realistic and I'm looking for something under $29,000. If I bought a 2004 TL this winter, the 05's would already be in, and I'd probably get a good deal since it's last year's model. Or I could buy a gently used 2004 TL with 3k-4k miles on it, maybe more. I know for sure I'd be able to get a used one for under or around $29k.

Then test drove a Lexus ES300, a 2003 model. Liked it for quality, fit and finsih, features, luxury, and plush ride. Didn't like the blandness and non-sportiness of it. Just kinda of boring, and not very fast at all like the TL. And price is an issue with the ES, too. I want nav in mine and I don't know if I could do that for $29k or less.

The RX330 is probably my dream car out of these. Super reliable, close to home dealer, great service (I've heard), and many features.

In a realness, is it possible for me to get an RX330 w/ nav for $29k. A used one? A demo? a leftover 04?

Please respond with any much needed advice and opinion. I would really appreciate it. I have til at least November, but I want to know what I can expect to be able to afford.

Thanks,

carcar

No. You are not going to find an '04 Rx 330 for under $30k. You could probably get one for around the $35k range. I just negotiated the price of an '04 with Nav (msrp $44,288) down to a selling price of $39,750. So, not to far away from your goal. Also, I found a great lease deal, not through Lexus, that with $5000 down, may payments on a 39 month lease with 45,000 total miles are only $399/month.

People selling their '04 Rx right now are the people that bought it right when it came out and probably paid msrp, meaning, they aren't going to price it as if the car can be bought new for $39k. I have seen '04's with 12k miles with an asking price of $38k, which is way too high considering a new one is $39,750. Good luck.

Hey carcar,

Just looked at your request for a '04 Rx-330 with nav for $29,000. Sorry

to say, but I think you'll have look at a lease possibly. I happened to stop

at a dealer near my son's over the weekend, but there was nothing close

to what your looking for. I know it's towards the end of the model year, but

they aren't discounting them that much.

I looked at couple of off-lease RX-300's they had, which were 2001's

and 2002's, in your figures, but nothing with nav.

Hey bcable---- sounds like you got a good deal---- enjoy it.

PharmGuy

Thanks for the replies. I had a feeling that it would be difficult to get a Lexus in my price range. However, thanks for the leasing costs, but I keep my cars for at least 6 years, and I didn't think leases were good for long-term car ownership.

Thanks again,

carcar

Thanks for the replies. I had a feeling that it would be difficult to get a Lexus in my price range. However, thanks for the leasing costs, but I keep my cars for at least 6 years, and I didn't think leases were good for long-term car ownership.

Thanks again,

carcar

I'm looking for the new or used RX330/RX400H too....

A few thing to consider:

1.The Lexus dealer nearby had an "Invoice Sale" on the July 4th weekend. I believe we could get at least the invoice price nowadays.

2.I have been waiting for RX400H. Schedule end of the year but the dealer told me that it would be Feb'05. They knew this last month (newspaper this week reported the same thing). So, the pressure to sell 2004 RX330 below invoice is less than before.

3.On the other hand. the waiting list for RX400H is getting bigger. Most people want to buy it and do not mind the waiting.

4.Used RX330 has similar price as the new one... Could not believe it... it depreciates slowly. I'm currently leaning to buy a new one.

5. Based on the slow depreciation, looks like buying is better than leasing

Any thought?