93 Sc400- A/c High-pressure Line Leak

Here is my problem .. my A/c High pressure line (high side line, whatever) is leaking. not the hose, but the long thin metal tube that runs a few feet long ..

they say the part will cost some $500 to $600 ... but the labor charges to replace the line is 15 hours ... plus misc. expenses to take the total to about $3000 ...

I don't get it? isn't this just a tube that needs to be replaced? why is labor charges so high? i've tried to find this tube but i can't figure out the OEM part number and whnever I say "high pressure" tube the indepdent part shops gives me a price for some rubber tube that costs about $50

the estimate is not even a lexus dealer.. just some indi shop next to work.

I don't know what to do .. has anyone had this replaced? what kind of money did you pay? for the part/s? and labor?

what is the exact name and/or OEM part number for this tube? can't believe google came up with nothing

help!

haha.. so i go to the local mobil gas stn down the street .. they say get the parts we'll put it in for $200 + $100 for std AC servicing/freon etc...

i get the $400 part at www.parts.com for $250 (brand new OEM ).. so in the end i paid about $550 for this repair after initially getting a quote for three freaking thousand