Stock Alarm

Tote

Has anyone added a glass sensor or one of those radar sensors to the stock alarm. I have a LS400 90' and a 91' and believe they have the same system as far as the alarm goes. I am more interested in the 90'. Well once I figure one out the other should be easy(if it's possible). Just wanted to know if anyone had any luck or tried? Either which way, if I get some time I'm going to tackle it this weekend.

Any info would be appreciated

Tote

its still considered a remote lock/unlock. you dont have a shock sensor or any other attributes of a full alarm system. for example it will not chirp 3 times instead of 2 when you open the car to tell u that alarm went off during the night.

The reason I like the stock alarm is because if you do as stated above, (lock car with keys and leave windows down) and reach in and manually open the car. Not only will the horn sound and the lights flash but the car goes into what I like to call "lock down mode", try to turn on the car with your key(Won't Happen), if you didn't lock the trunk switch under the dash, you still will not be able to get into the trunk. I mean the car literally does nothing until you use your key in the door to unarm it. I'd like to see one of those aftermarket alarms do that. It would be cool if I could add a remote system to unlock the doors and open the trunk without setting off the stock (OEM) security system.

90' LS400

Tote

my alarm does exactly the same, i just got couple of more horns to sound the alarm so its really painful and annoying to be around my car if alarm goes off. it will not move until i disarm it with remote and then use the key to turn the ignition on. without the remote even if oyu have original key car will not start. i have 4 starter brakes so its really hard to disarm. evenif you pull the brain out it will not start. i can also start my car remotely and since its a 2way alarm i can monitor what is going on with my car all the time. i mean when regular alarm goes off no1 notices it anymore, but in my case my remote starts beeping and vibrating so i know smth is wrong with my car, it shows if the car is started or door or hood or trunk is open.

You have a cool set up. I have considered deactivating the security system and adding an aftermarket just because of the remote start and all the extra goodies you can add. The two way paging system is cool, and you're right, everyone does ignore alarms.

For now I'm just going to see if i can incorporate a glass sensor to the security system. If I install the alarm I might as well add the window roll up feature and close the sunroof feature.

Thanks

Tote

i dont think you can add anything to the factory remote lock. you can add smth else without deactivating your factory lock, in my case i have both alarm and factory lock active, i just dont use lock anymore.