Stop Taillight Bulb Change?

kingace47

Hello

I just wanted to know if anybody here can tell me or direct me on how to change a stop taillight bulb in the back on my 99 rx300? it is so concealed that I don't know how to get to the taillight to change a bulb so if anybody out there know or if there is a web site link that i can go too it will be so most appreciated... I don't want to go to a Lexus dealer just to have a taillight bulb changed.

Thanks

Kingace47

:huh:

I assume you mean the ones in the quarter panel itself since the bolt heads for removing the ones in the door, hatch, are plainly visible.

with the rear hatch open if you look closely at the tailliight assembly at the edge closest to the cargo area you will see to two black plastic "dress" inserts with a slight "flat" in the circumferance for removal the insertion of a small flat blade screwdriver. Phillips screw heads under those inserts and the assembly can be removed.

thanks i will try that it is the back of the ... well i guess the quater panel you were talking about.. and, also since i have your attention on this issue... also the rear top stop light in the back as well...... I will try that today and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks so much

WWEST AND DGORRIE :D