Kenwood Navigation With Gps

Bestbuy.com now has this <Kenwood Navigation with GPS> for $1,500 and you also need to buy Kenwood Touch Screen which is not listed. I assume the screen will cost another $500 and that will make the total price around $2,000 just for Navigation.

In Japan, this kind of in-dash Navigation/DVD/TV system is very popular--don't know if in-dash DVD and TV are legal or not. I don't know if you want to watch TV, a TV tuner needs to be installed and the cost will be that much higher, I think. I have seen some great looking pictures of Kenwood, Pioneer, Clarion in-dash DVD/TV/NAV systems on Japanese Lexus sites

Anyway, does anyone have seen them installed in US? In-dash DVD or TV is still illegal, right?

The motor vehicle laws would vary from state to state, but I believe that in most states it is illegal to run in-dash dvd or tv. I think this is why a lot of them have the lock-out function when the parking brake is not on.

This is only a problem if you get caught. :)

Well, people can get away with anything these days and I'm sure there are ways to get away even if you're caught. ;)

I'm not interested in in-dash DVD nor TV. I'm only interested in cool looking in-dash navigator. The 7" widescreen LCD would look really cool, but $2,000+installation easily makes it not worth the money, at least for me.