Timing Belt Kit

Something wrong here.......the installation of a timing belt by a Lexus dealer runs into the hundreds of $$$$, NOT $40 bucks! :chairshot:

I said $40 more. That means add the 40 to the 160 and you get $200 for timing belt install! Comprende'? I would rather have them preform the labor.

Don't you guy's get the little brochures for different maintenance offered at your local shop. I get one every couple of months? It has a coupon for timing belts for $189 plus tax along with other services like plugs etc.... I had my timing belt, and several other things done. Infact I pulled the receipt, and the timing belt cost $220 out the door. You do the math.

tundra-lover- Yup, you are correct. My local Lexus wants between 200 to $250 for new belt. Add approx $200 for water pump if you need it . So that is $450 max for pump and new belt out the door.

That is one thing this stubborn guy is not doing!

It's cheaper for the ES300.... wait until you go into the I6 and V8............You don't really need the tensioner unless it needs one. I would worry about the water pump than anything else.

JPI