Wheel Fitment Options

lex4me

I purchased a set of 99GS400 16" OEM wheels for my 91LS, as the bolt pattern was the same. Someone in the area has these same wheels on his 91LS already. I picked up a set of Kumho Ecsta's off of tirerack and had them mounted on the new rims only to find that this particular rim (I haven't yet tried the others) must have a slight warp to it since the tire rubs ever so slightly on the front knuckle during about 40% of the wheel's rotation (despite the fact that the tires balanced just fine).

I have never used spacers before, but have heard of them being used. Is this my only option if all of the wheels have this same issue?

Should have included that in the earlier post. I put 225/55/16's on. They are Kumho Ecsta kh11 tires. I believe that the core issue is that the 15" OE wheels are only 5.5" wide whereas the GS wheels are either 6.5" or 7" wide. Nevertheless, I know of at least one other Gen I LS that has these very wheels on.