Rx330 2005

manthy27

I am considering the purchase of the 2004 RX330. As the 2005 model is out in September some time is it worth waiting or trying to get a deal on a 2004. What is the difference between the two and will the introduction of the 400h next year have an impact on this 330

That depends on how you're financing. If you 're financing or paying cash buy the 04, if leasing wait for an 05 as the residual value will be higher.

The only changes are going to be some new colors and additional options like SESS (smart Entry/Smart Start, keyless entry and start) and bluetooth phone connectivity.

Some other things to consider:

The value of your '04 is actually less b/c it's almost like a used car as soon as the '05s come out (of course w/o miles, but it would have a used car trade in value).

Generally you would get a better deal on the '04 as opposed to the '05 (obviously), but would it offset the value drop by buying an '05 instead? I don't know for sure ... lots of number crunching to do with and would depend on the deal you could finangle.

Another change I've read for '05 is that you can get the AFS (turning headlamps) separate from the Performance Pkg and AFS is packaged with the HIDs from what I've seen.

Might be a few little things tuned up from the past model year on the '05s. Nothing noticable to the eye, but the little things like rattles and whatnot. Maybe they've been changed later in the factory run on the '04s as well though. Some people are just leery about buying a first model year auto.