Brake Disaster

well i went to change my pads the other day and found i couldnt get the front driver side in b cuz on of the pins that goes in the bracket around the caliper was jammed in there soo i went bought a new pin to put in it took me a few days to get the old one out but when i finally did some one un screwed my brake line so now i would have to bleed the brakes but a few of my friends said they would do it for me so i come home and not only did they not bleed my brakes but they managed to get a piston to come out :censored: so now i cant even get the piston back in due to the fact that i cant get the little rubber seal back in place i have literally sat down for hours trying to get the small metal ring inside the rubber seal and back on the piston with no luck any advice on that??? but even then once that is fixed ill still have to bleed all of my brakes now and any advice on the proper way to bleed brakes would be very helpful this has proved to be a very frustrating experiance thank much to any one who can help out

So your freinds pushed the brake pedal while the caliper was not seated on the rotor and the piston popped out. Remove the entire caliper and take to a shop that specializes in brakes. They will have to press it back in. You most likely won't be able to do it without a press. Never do brake work without fully understanding it first. It's your life you are messing with. Otherwise you could try a core exchange for another caliper set from a parts broker or salvage shop. I popped a piston on my passenger side caliper when I was swapping my brakes, but I was removing the caliper completely anyways. I can sell you the good caliper if you want. That's only an option if your driver side caliper is the one in question though. Send me your popped one. I have access to a press. Those are your options now. To properly bleed the brakes, one needs to be at the pedal and another needs to be at the bleeder. Open the bleeder, depress the pedal as far as it will go with key in the on position, close the bleeder before the pedal goes back up, close the bleeder, pedal up, repeat until no more bubbles or spraying of brake fluid. Make sure you continually keep an eye on the brake reserviour and keep in contact with the pedal man. Use a hose and a jar to catch the fluid or else it will get very messy. Or purchase a bleeder kit. If you are creative, you could fashion an air tight hose with a check valve and pump the brakes. Never pump the brakes with the calipers off the rotor. Good luck. Be safe.

AWJ- thanks for the info on bleeding i got my piston back in with the rubber boot on right and every thing i used a C-clamp to depress my pistons then changed all my pads and properly bleeded my brakes thanks to you every thing is on right now and she stops on a dime :D