Selling A Car

The process is prety simple/straightforward. If the title is under your name already, simply sign it off to him, thats all. You dont need a notary or anything. I would also make him sign a paper that says he accepts vehicle 'as is'. You can type this document yourself. This is incase he burns out the engine or something and then tries to blame you or make you responsible. That way if he ever takes you to court the judge would dismiss the case immediately on your favor.

But yes, just sign the thing off and your done. The car is no longer yours!

Is up to him to keep the title in a safe place and get it re-registered under his name with which ever state he lives in.

but what do i sign..and the title will still have my name on the title. and i have vanity paltes with my name on it which i would preffer be returned to the dmv...

what do i sign though ?

Thank you for the as is advice that is really good.!

Thanks

Ok dont worry about your name being on the title, thats granted/obvious. There should be some lines in the bottom of the tittle or in the back that says something like sell to: or something to that effect. Unfortunately I cant remember what it says exactly....you will see like a bunch of lines that look like signature lines. Just fill out the info that says something like seller (thats you) and put the buyers name and adress or whatever it asks....just look for lines somwhwere in the title...if all this fails I would suggest to go to a Title Office and have them explain what to do, they will do it for free ;)

Dont worry about the tags and all that, the state will issue a new title to the new owner, but thats his problem....as long as you sign it off to him you are free of liability