Cd-r's For Use In The Rx300

joedogg19

I have an RX300 also and i had the same problem that the sound is very staticy and some won't even play. Even with original cd's, I tried using a CD LENS CLEANER and it work out good after that. The sound stop skipping and the staticy noise stopped. Give it a try at least.

I had my RX in for service today and was talking with the service manager about this....he said don't use any burned cds in the car....he had a stack that he had to pull out of a GS b/c it jammed the player. He said that had been happening a lot here lately....but I probably won't change my ways....haven't had any problems yet....and I figured that I would see them after 3 years. Just thought you might want to know what he had to say about it. I am sure that was also what he was "supposed" to say.

I had my RX in for service today and was talking with the service manager about this....he said don't use any burned cds in the car....he had a stack that he had to pull out of a GS b/c it jammed the player. He said that had been happening a lot here lately....but I probably won't change my ways....haven't had any problems yet....and I figured that I would see them after 3 years. Just thought you might want to know what he had to say about it. I am sure that was also what he was "supposed" to say.

Using CD-R or CD-RW will not jam CD player. ... LOL ...

Some old CD players can't read CD-R and CD-RW because these recordable CDs have lower reflective index. My 15 years old home CD player can read any CD. My 8 years old Kenwood car CD player cannot read any CD-R and CD-RW. New CD players should be able to read any CD. I believe Lexus RX300 CD player should be new design and able to read any CD. Mine is working fine, but I have never used CD-RW.