Lowering An Rx 330

superbass

I just got an RX 330 less than 2 months ago. It has the 18" wheels/tires, and I thought the fender gap looks kinda huge, so I was thinking about possibly lowering the car. I looked around, and I found that Eibach Springs makes a lowering spring set for the RX 330 which states a lowering of 1.2" from stock. Has anybody done this yet, or know anyone who has? Is this not a recommended thing to do? Will I encounter major problems (ie. poor ride, blowing out shock absorbers, excessive tire wear, etc), or is this amount of lowering not significant enough to cause problems? Or is the only way to get a lower-riding RX is to have bought the performance package equipped one? Or will the car naturally get lower after a little while, because it's only about 2 months old? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

i dunno about the rx330 but i installed the eibachs on my rx300...the ride is a little bit stiffer but not uncomfortible...and handles better too...i haven't notice any problems with my struts or poor tire wear...make sure you have an alignment done after you swap springs, tho...1.2" doesn't seem like a lot when you're just looking at the numbers but consider this, if the fender gap was 5" hypothetically, and you cut 1.2 from that, your gap is now 3.8" and that's a over a 20% drop...i think it looks much better with out that unsightly gap...other opinions may differ...it's not like it's a lowrider or anything...just sportier...

eibachs drive smooth will only slightly stiffer ride but mainly when cornering the difference is felt

1.2 drop hardly needs an alignment as a slight bit of negative camber is not a bad thing over stock,

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have another question: does anyone have or know where I can see before/after pictures of an RX 330 with the Eibach Springs installed? Any websites/car clubs photos/etc I can go to? I've been searching the net, but so far I've only come upon pictures of the RX 300 with the Eibach springs. I'd really like to see what it looks like before I do it.

a 1 inch to 1.5 drop is hardly noticable if at all.

On any ES 30 with the eibach prokit most people can't even tell it is dropped even when parked beside another car.

It is the same springs but with a higher spring rate for the added load but the same suspension.