Has Anyone Here Successfully...

GSsoldier

installed an interior neon system in their LS? and has installed an after market stereo ? i've seen people do it on sounddomian.com but im not sure if its real, or what not...

when installing the after market stereo will it be a pain in the butt to reinstall for when it comes time to sell?

and if anyone has installed a neon system into the car can anyone show me how to do it? possibly one that has sound responsivtive

GSSoldier, get back to me. I just did both of these things. Check out my garage link at the bottom. I installed my Sony CD/MP3 player in the dash with install kits and a wiring harness kit to keep it factory-looking, and since i didn't cut the wires, putting the factory radio back in will be easy. I also just put in blue sound-responsive neons under the dash in the front and under the seats in the back. It was really easy and I put in a set of blue cop-flashers too. They're behind the back seat, but they are visible to people in front of me at night. When I have more time and money, I'm going to put some mini-neons behind all the air vents and replace all the indicator/dash lights with blue bulbs. Send me a PM if you need instructions on either the radio install or the neons, because they're both really easy.

I suprized the cops aren't all over you for having flashing blue lights. I doubt anyone would mistake your car for a police car but still...... they seem to have a bad attitude regarding that, at least here.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to bring up this agian im trying to find instructions or a howto on installing the neon i have pm wucantstop i dont know if its just my account not allowing a pm i dont know but is there anyone who can help me out? i would apreicate it thanks guys

I already sent GSSoldier a pm about this, but for all of you that might need help installing an aftermarket deck, there's a guy that has a great website at www.lexls.com with many helpful tutorials on our cars, from installing the radio to changing the brakes to changing the color of the ignition ring and climate control lighting (which, by the way, I did last night in about an hour, and looks great). There are a lot of pictures and detailed instructions for each tutorial, and I went over the radio tutorial and it seems to describe exactly the steps I took when I put mine in. The only difference is that I found a different dash kit (but it looks exactly the same) and wiring harness.

The neons were really easy when I installed them, especially if you're doing the radio at the same time, since the radio's power wires will be easily accesible. Any neon tubes you buy in a store (Lappen's, Autozone, etc.) will have the switches connected to them, and if they have the 'pulsate to the music' feature, it will also be built-in and switchable. It isn't necessary to make any direct connections to the radio. The neons I got (I forget the name of the brand) included the pulsating feature and were wired to a regular 12V cigarette lighter plug. Since I installed four tubes, I cut off all the plugs and stripped about a half inch to an inch at the end of each wire. Perhaps the hardest part is hiding the wires where they won't be visible. Before !Removed! the tubes into place behind the seats and under the dash, I just let them sit in place in the general area where they would be mounted and ran the wires, to make sure they were long enough and working before I made any final touches. For the tubes in the backseat, I made sure the side of the tube where the wires came out faced the center of the car, and sort of wedged the wires into the gap of the center console (the crack where the plastic of the console meets the carpeting). I used a small flathead screwdriver to push the wires in completely. Very easy, nothing serious required. From the console, I ran the wires up through a couple holes in the dash and out behind the radio, which I would recommend removing while you do this, unless you are planning on using another power source (any constant power and ground wires in your car should work, since these neons don't use a lot of power at all). For the tubes that I mounted under the dash, I just pulled the wires up through a dash-hole and out behind the radio. Now, at this point, you can just connect the neon wires (power and ground) to the power and ground of your radio. I'm not sure what colors these wires are on the LS factory radios, but they're usually red (power) and black (ground) on aftermarkets. If you wire them like this, the neons will have power whenever you turn the car on. Some have built-in switches and some don't, but even so, if you have more than one neon, you're going to have to go to each tube separately to switch it on or off. That's why I wired a switch, which was incredibly easy. I got a flat-mount touchpad switch from Autozone for about 20 bucks. It connects to it's control box via a ribbon-type connector, which I pulled through the gap directly below the steering column and above the lower dash covering and mounted by my right knee, below the ignition (but barely visible from a normal seated position. This one had four switches, so I made the most of them, but it is easy enough to have all the neons connected to the same switch. In this case, you just wire everything the same way I described, but instead of connecting the neons to the radio wires, connect them to the switch. Then wire the switches master controls (They vary depending on the switch, but there should be instruction, or else it should be self-explanatory) to the radio power wires or whatever source you've decided to use. This is simple, but people were asking, so I hope it helps. If there's any more questions, go ahead and ask, because usually I'm the one asking and it's great to be able to give some advice.