Engine Near Its Death

well ive been noticing the down fall of my engine for quite some time now and i think its time to get serious about a swap as ive posted before i wanna go with the 2jzgtte now ive looked for a usdm but the cheapest one ive found was 6k and that about what im looking to spend for the whole thing installed so i contacted a couple places around here to see if they could do the swap for me and out of all of them one place can do it and they do have experiance in this swap but he said it would be best to get the entire front clip which sounded a little odd to me and told me atleast id need an uncut harness and that there is some front piping that i will need that doesnt come with alot of engines them selves can any one help me sort out the bull s@#$ from the facts and also help me find a good place to purchase an engine with every thing ill need for the swap it would be of tremendous help and you will prolly see me posting alot on this subject in the near future

thanks you guys are great a good amount of you very smart ive noticed and i would trust no one but the ppl here

They're right about the front cut. With just the engine youre not going to get alot of the accessories that you would normally need on a daily driver such as EGR, ignitor, or basically anything that isnt attached to the engine itself. Having an uncut harness only saves you money in the end since its less work for them to do. The front piping may be the intercooler piping which youll never get with just an engine, but it may be worth the extra few hundred to get a front-mount intercooler kit that comes with all new piping.

hmm ok well i havent looked into front clips that much is it going to be possible to do the swap with a front clip for 6k or under and would i be better off letting the shop im going through finding it for me and see what kinda prices they come up with or should i do that part myself ?