Subs In My Sc300

i have been thinking about what to do for a system for a while now and i came to the conclusion that i dont simply wanna buy some subs and a box and throw them in the trunk but i also dont have the money to get an expensive custom fiber glass enclosure so i decided i wanted to replace the stock sub with something better and put a nice size amp to it but as most of us know the stock sub in the sc300's is a free air sub which from what im told by alot of audio places is no longer produced :( so i was wondering if any one could help in my search of a good ten inch free air or i could build my own fiber glass enclosure but i really want the sub to be in the same spot as the stock one any ideas on how to get around the gas tank which is merely inches or less away from the stock sub any input would be greatly appreciated

thanks

>>>>>>>>>Speed tip>>>>>>>>>>>

RFZ3410 by Rockford Fosgate fits right in, its discontinued but u can find it on ebay. Just put Rockford 3410 in search field. This is what Im using sounds great but u would need to upgrade your amp. Recommend proffessional installation unless ur good with stereos.

Or, simply go to a stereo shop with your old speaker already off and start trying free airs on. Free air speakers are not expensive (too expensive that is) so just keep trying them on until u find a good fit. Remember that original sub has a frame that you have to put on which ever speaker u buy. When trying out speaers always put on the little frame (u dont have to put all screws) but always do this to get an idea of how it will fit.

Hope this helps!