Navigation System Databases

sfenndds

Hi all,

I'm brand new to the forum and brand new (as of next week) to Lexus ownership. I'm getting an '04 RX330 with Nav and will be taking a trip to Canada this summer. General question first: does the Nav system run off internal memory or off a CD in the multidisc player? Secondly, does the database cover just the continental US and if so, how do I get coverage in Canada? Thanks and I look forward to joining the forum. Steve

Hi all,

I'm brand new to the forum and brand new (as of next week) to Lexus ownership.  I'm getting an '04 RX330 with Nav and will be taking a trip to Canada this summer.  General question first:  does the Nav system run off internal memory or off a CD in the multidisc player?  Secondly, does the database cover just the continental US and if so, how do I get coverage in Canada?  Thanks and I look forward to joining the forum.  Steve

Welcome to Lexus ownership and be assured that the NAV is totally maintenance free, except for updates of course. Unlike the previous CDROM version that required nine separate CDROMs to cover North America, it now uses the DVD technology that uses just one DVD ROM, which includes all of Canada as well.

The NAV unit itself is in the back luggage area, underneath the panel, right where the tools are stored and, unless you are updating the ROM itself, there's no need to access it whatsoever.

Enjoy your RX (as you maybe able to tell, I have truly enjoyed mine :P ) and have a great and safe trip to Canada.

Bill