Mass air flow sensor

I own a '93 SC400. I had my ECU repaired and the car was running okay and then I started getting a code 31 on the ECU which is for mass air flow sensor. I replaced the mass air flow sensor with one that was refurbished from China and the guy guarantee it. It seemed to work good when I first installed it. The car was running fine other than a little bit of hesitation but the check engine light would not go off. So now it's to the point where the car just stalls and will not stay on and the code 31 still flashes?

PXL_20221025_021243677.jpg

PXL_20221025_021045944.jpg

This ECUs on SC400 are becoming quite problematic this days due to its age and it cost fortune. Friend of mine couldn't get the ECU issue sorted and he had switched to aftermarket ECU as well as refreshed the ECU harness, especially the part around the engine. So he is quite happy with a results as well as he got couple additional ponies from proper tune. Needles to say he get rid of MAF sensor in favour of MAP sensor.

That's definitely good to know, thank you! I mainly got this car for my 18 year old son and I'm really just waiting to get it to run good and be a reliable daily driver, it only has 93k miles. So is the MAF sensor a big issue with these 1uzfe engines or do they rarely good bad?