Parts: Lexus To Toyota

Hello Folks,

My shop has bought a Mastertech and many books and we're servicing Lexus cars now, in addition to Volvo. So far it's been fun. We do run into problems because Toyota doesn't release their parts info (descriptions/numbers/prices). We have to describe the part to the Toyota parts desk and they send us a faxed blowup, and we try to choose the part. I wonder if anyone has found a way to cross-reference Lexus/Toyota part numbers? Thanks!

Paul Smith

opasmithaut@nc.rr.com :D

I have just called the parts department at Toyota, and they can call for a Lexus part and then see if it's the same as what they have? They usually get it from the same wharehouse. You have to get in with someone at the counter- kind of buddy buddy, and they will usually help you out!

I always just go into the Toyota dealer and say that I need a certain part for my '92 ES300. They take care of the rest and give me a price. It never seems to be a hassle for them at all. I think they usually call over to Lexus for a reference number as described by tundra-lover, and they never seem to be bothered to do it :)

Regards,

Bryan