2004 Ls430 Vs 1996 Ls400

VMF

took a deleivery of a cpu 2004 ls430 last weekend, what can i say its an awesome car, lots of features, but i could not let the old one go. and to be honest with you, with the same engine block and only extra 30 hp i dont really feel that much of a difference between 2 cars. i put a lot of miles on a car daily and i drove both cars last week. yes the seats are better, it handles the road in a more confident way but the smoothness of the ride is pretty much the same. my mom when got into a new car didnt even knowit was new and just asked about the "new TV " in the dash:)

i have over 160k on the older one and after suspension was changed the ride is back to l"ike new" style. the bottom line is, i still love the old car and frankly, if you strip all those fancy features off it is still the same car. not that much was changed from what ive seen when it comes to suspension and quality of the ride. going to keep both of the LSs for the new few years.

Congrats and you're absolutely right. Thats more a testament to how well the LS has always been built and how well they age than it is anything negative about the newer ones.

Great to hear from you!

you are absolutely right, nothing bad about newer models, its more about commonality between them when it comes to the luxury ride:) cant beat lexus quality!!!

cant beat lexus quality!!!

Good move VMF!

I just bought a 98 LS400 and I can definitely feel a big difference in the driving experience from my 92 LS400. I really like the smart 5 speed box and the power that the VVTi gives. The digital readouts and non-blacked out displays are a welcome change too. However I think you guys have hit the nail on the head, how much can you improve the driving experience? Its 99% there now.