Maintenance Required Light

I have about 4,600 miles on my 08 RX 350. Today the 'Maintenance Required' light started flashing when I started it up, and then went off after a few seconds. Is this just reminding me that my 5K maintenance is coming up soon, or could this be something more serious?

Is this feature designed to come on at or near the 5K mile intervals as a reminder to take the vehicle in for regularly scheduled maintenance?

I googled this question, and scoured my owner's manual with no luck.. :unsure:

Thanks!

I have about 4,600 miles on my 08 RX 350. Today the 'Maintenance Required' light started flashing when I started it up, and then went off after a few seconds. Is this just reminding me that my 5K maintenance is coming up soon, or could this be something more serious?

Is this feature designed to come on at or near the 5K mile intervals as a reminder to take the vehicle in for regularly scheduled maintenance?

Thanks!

Most likely, you need to change your oil. I believe the first 5000 mile oil change is free.

Thanks!

Most likely, you need to change your oil. I believe the first 5000 mile oil change is free.

The light flashes a few times at startup between 4500 and 5000, then will come on steady at 5000 until reset at the oil change. That's all it's doing.

• 2 months later...

If you are doing the oil change by yourself, then here is the instruction on how to reset the maintainance light which I found on this site;

1. Take key out of ignition

2. Push in your trip reset button (hold it)

3. Put key in ignition and turn on but do not start the car.

4. Keep holding trip reset button for about 20 seconds, the light will come on steady then goes out.

5. You are done!

• 2 weeks later...
If you are doing the oil change by yourself, then here is the instruction on how to reset the maintainance light which I found on this site;

1. Take key out of ignition

2. Push in your trip reset button (hold it)

3. Put key in ignition and turn on but do not start the car.

4. Keep holding trip reset button for about 20 seconds, the light will come on steady then goes out.

5. You are done!

I think you have to have the trip computer set to TRIP A for the above procedure to work. This is how I reset the 07 ES350's MX light.

• 1 month later...
I just reset my RX350 "Maintainance light" 2 days ago. In order for it to work, the trip computer needs to be set at ODO and not trip A.:cheers:

-----------------

Crystal White RX350

Thanks a million, worked like a charm,

Kind Regards, Rich

• 6 years later...