1998 Es300 Throttel Body Clean...yup

Well I was bored today after work so I removed the throttle body and cleaned it. The inside of it was, well, really black (oily grime build up).

Removed the iacv (cleaned the portion diameter sticking out) and cleaned the throttle body. I do not have time to remove the complete intake. I did not remove the complete IACV since I do not know if it had a seal on the mating surface. So I kept it on. Do there parts (IACV and intake have a seal? If so, what kind do I need to replace?

I used Valvoline SynPower carb, choke and throttle body cleaner. Worked pretty darn good. It took the oily grime stuff right off.

Here was basically a new spotless shirt after.

http://home.comcast.net/~94gsxr1100/lexus/tb_clean.jpg

Again my MPG have been from 24 (to work city) and almost 30MPG on highway. I do not have any problems with the car. I was just bored so I did it.

And YES thanks SKperformance, Toysrme and some others for the past topics on this. I wish I could have done more but I do not know all the details behind it. Maybe soon…I hope

So thanks again...

PS. It was a toss up, fly the r/c heli or clean the intake...can't do both! :)

Awsome! The bored man that chooses to do maintenance is rewarded.

I use the same Valvoline stuff. It's like, always on sale at k-mart hah!

I don't remember off-hand, most everything has a paper gasket. Just use some type of silicon gasket material (obviously wouldn't work on the EGR!).

Awsome! The bored man that chooses to do maintenance is rewarded.

I use the same Valvoline stuff. It's like, always on sale at k-mart hah!

I don't remember off-hand, most everything has a paper gasket. Just use some type of silicon gasket material (obviously wouldn't work on the EGR!).

I think I paid like $2.49 for the can. It works pretty good. I still have lots left.

So in a few weeks I want to remove the intake. Just need a few good days so in case some comes up when I do it, I can at least take the gixxer to work..

I was not that bad, but not the best either. I was have to see what gaskets I need first.

Thanks again.