Will Powertrain Warranty Cover This?

bored7one4

i had this problem twice since it got it, i went to the lexus dealer today and ask if they can fix the problem for me but they first have to determine if my problem is still covered under the power train warranty, and in order for them to do that is that i have to leave the car over night and a $110 dianostic fee. I heard they can upgrade the ECU computer chip that should fix the problem? has anyone got there chip upgraded yet? and does it really fix the problem?. i know something is wrong with my car because coming home from dinner i was driveing on the freeway at 80 mph and i notice that the RPM is at 5, which i think is very high right? Can anyone tell me if this is normal

My car is a 2000 rx300 awd. it has 67k miles on it. Man i just got this car and it giving me such a big headach already, im very disappointed with lexus for having this issue on a very expensive car like the RX.

Dont know about a chip upgrade--maybe a computer flash?

But sounds like you have tranny problems--not shifting into overdrive because you should only be taching around 2000-2500RPM's

But sounds like you have tranny problems--not shifting into overdrive because you should only be taching around 2000-2500RPM's

i talk to lexus and they said if it the tranny then they will replace it for me, but can they find out the problem by hooking it up to a computer or do what ever they do with out driving it?

im just afaid that they will just say everything is fine.

i talk to lexus and they said if it the tranny then they will replace it for me, but can they find out the problem by hooking it up to a computer or do what ever they do with out driving it?

im just afaid that they will just say everything is fine.

Sorry, you have a tranny problem, That is the exact symptoms on my RX300 AWD when it failed. If they drop the pan, it is probably full of metal debris. The valve body assembly is hosed. Grap that transmission immediately while under warranty, and make sure they flush the entire system and put all parts back in correctly. Read Transmission info on this site. You have joined the ranks of failures despite what Monarch says. Good Luck!

Sorry, you have a tranny problem, That is the exact symptoms on my RX300 AWD when it failed. If they drop the pan, it is probably full of metal debris. The valve body assembly is hosed. Grap that transmission immediately while under warranty, and make sure they flush the entire system and put all parts back in correctly. Read Transmission info on this site. You have joined the ranks of failures despite what Monarch says. Good Luck!

how did you get your RX300 fix?

just got a call from lexus and they said the reason the car is reving is because of the Knock sensor ( i dont know if i spelled that right) . Does anyone know anything about this part. it gonna cost me $975.

is this a easy fix that i can do myself or should i let them do it.

thanks

just got a call from lexus and they said the reason the car is reving is because of the Knock sensor ( i dont know if i spelled that right) . Does anyone know anything about this part. it gonna cost me $975.

is this a easy fix that i can do myself or should i let them do it.

thanks

The part itself is only $120, I think I'd figure out how to do it yourself before I'd pay $975. Unless it's one of those take the whole apart projects.

Here the link to the part:

Knock Sensor for Rx300

search for make/model/ and keyword knock sensor