Leather Help

I have a 99 Lexus RX300.....tan leather interior....great looking car outside after getting some tips from the posts here....and WOW....what a difference clay makes!!! I just couldn't believe it. Even my wife noticed the difference! On to the inside now...I purchased the RX used in Jan of 02, so I cannot vouch for what was used before. But on the drivers side seat especially (on the leather closest to the door) I have noticed what appears at first to just be grime. I have traditionally used some Meguiars Gold Class cleaner/conditioner...figuring that it was good enough. Well, I am getting picky I guess. I used the recommended woolite/water solution. When the leather gets wet, the "dirty" areas really show out. I used a toothbrush & gently scrubbed on the leather. Once it drys, the leather looks fairly clean, but I can still notice some "grime". And when the leather gets moist from the woolite/water solution again the dark areas seem to show as much as before. I can't really tell if it is that the leather is fading or if it is just dirty. My mother has a 96 SC and I have noticed this on hers as well.

I don't have the digicam with me now or I would snap some shots & upload them so you could really see what I was talking about. I figure I am not the first person to see this...so maybe someone can just tell by my description. After reading MANY posts, I am down with the leatherique if that is what it needs, but don't want to spend the high $$ if it isn't going to help me out. I will use the Lexol for sure in the future. Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions would be great. I will do what it takes to get it looking new again, but if it is fading then I don't want to scrub any more on it & just do more damage. Thanks guys...this forum is incredible. Kudos to all the members who freely give their advice....I am a daily visitor!

--Skip Griffith

I like 1Z Leatherpledge for the interior light brown leather in my lexus rx300. Einszett Leather Care (Lederpflege) is a special leather conditioning cream formulated using natural carnauba wax, silicone waxes and polymer care components to ensure gentle care of leather, interior car fittings, leather luggage and all types of finished (painted) leather. It removes dirt, grease and oil as it conditions. It penetrates quickly and deeply into the pores of the leather, restoring the natural moisture without leaving a greasy film. It protects the leather surface from becoming brittle, maintaining leather in its as-new condition. If your leather requires reconditioning, this will re-moisturize and soften moderately dehydrated hides.

The final finish of your leather will be a natural matte, with a hint of sheen, just as your car came from the factory. I don't like the leathercare products that make your car shiny or slippery.

Can be found in lexuscarcare IZ LeatherCare