Rx300 Trannys

runner

Since reading the various replies to RX300 transmission problems, I would like to get feedback from as many RX300 owners that have had to have extensive work done on their transmissions. I need year and if possible, manufactured date of your RX. (The date can be found on driver's door frame nameplate)

If someone has already done this, direct me to that post. Thanks.

I did insert a post asking for feedback on same issue. I was a bit surprised by the amount of tranny problems, but I don't think there's a consolidated posting string yet.

I have not had a transmission problem, per se , but I do experience transmission hesitation when I accelerate. I was told by another reply that this was a "normal" issue for the 1999 RX 300, and was a design flaw, but not covered by warranty as there was nothing really broken.

My fear, of course, is that it's indicative of future issues (coincidentally after warranty expires).

Let me know if I can help in any other way.

• 1 month later...

just spent $3300 on rebuilt tranny for my 99 rx300 w 118k. symptoms were a couple of times within the past three months I had to rev the engine to get reverse to work and the last week before failure I began to hear a whining noise