01 Rx300 Dvd Nav Question

lodown

Hello all! new to this forum hoping someone will hook me up.

looking for some info on how to play dvd movies and remove in motion dvd stop issues. I have found several things through my research. I have found and located dvd drive in the spair tire compartment ejected dvd saw that it was DVD ver 1. Secondly i tried a Dvd disk Video. it Gave me a disk read error check Disk this was with the parking brake set with ignition in the on position. Finally i have found that their is a modification to the wiring harness under the LCD screen to modify the in motion dvd Stop problem.

is it possible to play dvds in this car??

The DVD Nav system, actually ALL of the RXes ECUs, use a serial multiplex line for internal communications. After lots of research, trial and error, I have concluded that the in motion inoperative mode cannot be defeated.

On the other hand the DVD door can be left open when the system is not in use to avoid the "i agree" nonesense.

The DVD NAV system in the Lexus is the same as the Prius (so I am told). There is a vendor who sells kits (or you can have them do it) to upgrade the NAV system to play DVD's and pickup television stations. The link to which is here:

http://www.coastaletech.com/viewtech.htm

I own(ed) a Prius and considered this...but then I thought...I could get a bigger screen without hacking the system for a little more dough.

If interested, it may be worth shooting them an email. I know from second-hand knowledge that their service is very good.