Dyi Carbon Fiber Dash

'93 SC300, currently pearl white

Im looking to change out the OEM stereo with something a little more hefty. im planning on removing the ash tray so that i can place the stereo there (havent checked for clearance yet, not sure if the radio will slide in or not). im also planning on putting about a 7" LCD display where the current radio sits (also havent measured that, this is all prelim stuff).

i want to put like 2 10" subs in the back seat or larger if it will fit. i know there is a cavity behind the rear seats, im just not sure if there is enough space to convert it into a box for the subs that is ideal for whatever size i choose. im planning on using lexan and maybe doing some mirror work beind the subs for effect, depending on how patient i am.

since im changing around the front console, i want to use carbon fiber cloth and epoxy to make my own bezel for the new config. does anyone know where i can purchase carbon fiber? ive researched for a few hours but i havent really found anywhere to purchase it by the yard.

i have tons of wood working machinery to my disposal so fabrication isnt a big deal for me. i also have a large spray booth and anything i could need. i lost my license for speeding so i have a lot of time on my hands right now, im gonna do some major work to my car then sell it for maybe a 4runner so i can use it to go offroading and mountain biking.

ontop of the interior work, im thinking about fashioning a body kit. i would initially make the molds from wood and foam then use carbon fiber or possibly fiberglass (not my first choice). after that im going to paint it some shade of charcoal.

any pointers or heads up would be great.

try call a local plastic shop try look in the phone book or something. or you can go online and search on yahoo or whatever just punch in "how to lay carbonfiber" or something like that. you will get a lot on how to and where to buy. there are several kinds of weaves you can buy and you can buy by the yard. and that spray booth will come in handy when finishing the epoxy.