16 ES 350 with 18” tires rough ride

JacquesB

How old are they and how much tread is left?  There are 2 types of primacy MXM4's, the normal MXM4 or MXM4 ZP ? 

MXM4 ZP are run flats, and all run-flat tires have a very rough and noisy ride quality. 

Ok, that's good that they're not run flats I hate them. Well, it's funny because Michelin touts the MXM4 as being good with noise and ride comfort, but I noticed they're also an eco mfg'd tire for low rolling resistance. The rough ride could be from wearing down to 5-6/32's. That's down a lot for only 25k miles. Did they ride better when had more tread?

I had Michelin's on my ES 300h but don't remember what model, but they were around 5/32 and noisy. didn't want to go thru winter being marginally above min. I went with Yokohama YK740 GTX. Checked reviews from people that had similar cars and they had very good reviews. I think they're better than the Michelins, but they're new. Will see how they are a year from now once I get some more miles on them. When I had my Camaro SS I had good experience with Continental and Bridgestone.