Centre console side panel removal

Sorcerer58

2018 RX450h - does anyone know how to remove the side panel from the centre console? This photo is from a UK right-hand drive car so you're looking at the passenger side, but if it's easier then I can take off the driver's side panel instead. I want to run a couple of wires from behind the multimedia head unit into the empty space below the storage bin of the centre console but need one or other of the side panels off for access.

center-console.thumb.jpg.284e596e3c77137a1264611e62a3d383.jpg

Thanks for your reply Dave but sadly, not what I need.

This was the easy bit but I just can't get the bottom side panels off and away from the centre console. I've pushed, pulled, heaved and thrutched as much as I dare but they are just absolutely refusing to budge.

Cheers anyway mate, much appreciated.

John, another suggestion would be to visit your dealership's parts department. Sometimes the exploded assembly drawing would show if there are clips holding the panels in place. I agree that it is dangerous to pull without knowing how the panel is held in place.

8 hours ago, RX400h said:

John, another suggestion would be to visit your dealership's parts department. Sometimes the exploded assembly drawing would show if there are clips holding the panels in place. I agree that it is dangerous to pull without knowing how the panel is held in place.

An excellent idea Dave, thanks very much my friend, I'll do that.