2006 RX400h charge time after draining battery

My '06 RX400h had the key left on ALT for a day/night and it killed the battery. The replacement battery fired it right up, but when I took it around the block it said 'check hybrid system' and check 'power steering' [which I then checked and found it was non-existent] and then would not move from the stop sign. I turned the car off and tried again and it moved very sluggishly back home. 

So is there a 'charge' time I should allow the engine to charge the traction battery before driving it? Anything else need to be done? All help appreciated!

Thanks!

Are you certain that the new battery is fully charged? I've never had what you describe happen. Typically when the battery is getting weak from age, a message pops up, telling me that the shifter is not fully in Park (or something like that).
You may want to have the battery checked. In the meantime are you able to check the codes?

Thanks for the reply, Dave: No I'm not sure the new battery was fully charged; it was purchased from Costco so I hope it was. 

After it sat and idled a bit the next day I drove around town and it seems to be back to normal and the warning messages are gone. Maybe it just needed to have a bit of charge in the traction battery before it can drive from a completely dead state.

Barry, that could be it. I guess that exact circumstance never occured before I change the battery (which also comes from Costco).
My guess is that it'll be fine.