Misfire and TRAC light on.

DirtyDansLS400

I have a 1994 LS400 and it has had a misfire issue since the intake was sealed by up after the starter was replaced. There is an engine light on and the TRAC light is also on all the time. I have replaced spark plugs/wires and both upstream O2 sensors and it is still missing. Hesitation at around 1.8-2k RPM and obvious loss of power. It runs lean and has a code 25. I have checked for and fixed all vacuum leaks. Occasionally when I start it up it makes a loud "popping" sound (which I originally thought was the starter) but now I am almost convinced that it is a fuel related issue. I will be replacing both distributors (caps and rotors) this weekend to see if this stops the misfire. I still have no idea why the TRAC light wont stay off it came back on even after I disconnected the battery. I really hope it isn't injectors or the fuel pump but I'll have to see. If anyone has had issues with the TRAC or misfire help would be appreciated. 

• 4 months later...

I had these exact symptoms, trac light and everything on my 97. It ended up being 2 bad fuel injectors unfortunately. 

Edited by 97Coach