Shifter hard to move, Missing gear

2012 RX350 

Believe my shifter transmission cable has an issue.  Research leads me to believe the bushing is bad or the cable itself is corroded/frayed.  The cable is NOT easy access to replace or even lubricate.  I'm trying to access the bushing under the shifter but I need help.  Anyone done this before?

Is access on the passenger side?  How do I remove the lower panel?  Do I need to remove the glove box?

Attached pictures show where I'm at and how I got there.

1.jpg

2 panel.jpg

3 shifter access.jpg

Not getting any feedback, I searched for issues with the Highlander.  Found several folks complaining about rust formation where the cable meets the lever at the transaxle.  Lo and behold, the lever was very rusty.  I hit it with PB blaster, then chain lube and its working better.  Attached are pictures for the location - helps to raise the car, but you can see it from the ground.

My process:  Day 1 - PB Blaster, then 8 hours later WD-40;  Day 2 - same as day 1;  Day 3 - chain lube and moved the shifter through all its range (moving better)

Plan: repeat this in one week, then perhaps every 6 months when I swap snow tires or earlier if it ever gets stiff again.

cable from far.jpg

cable closer.jpg